QCad User Reference Manual
25. Hatches And Solid Fills
Draw - Hatch
Fills an area surrounded by existing entities with a hatch pattern or a
- Prepare the entities that surround the hatching area so they form a
closed contour. The contour must be closed in a way that one entity is
connected to the next one as shown in the right sketch of Figure
- Launch the hatching action.
- Select the contour(s) you want to fill. Note that islands inside
contours will get hatched if they are not selected (Figure
- Click the right arrow button in the CAD toolbar to continue.
- A dialog for the hatch options is displayed (Figure
47). Choose a hatch pattern, scale
factor and a rotation angle for the hatch pattern. If you want to fill
the object with a solid color instead of a pattern, check the checkbox
- Click 'OK' to proceed with the hatching. Depending on the complexity
of the contour and the scale factor of the chosen pattern, it might take
a while to create the hatch.
45: Preparation for the boundary
46: Islands which are selected will not
get hatched through (right).
47: Hatch pattern selection.