Cam Expert development

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

mydot
Registered Member

Cam Expert development

Post by mydot » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:10 pm

Hello, I was looking for an inexpensive CAM program when I came accross your products. I downloaded both QCad and CAM Expert demos. I like the ease of operation, reminded my of the JetCAM system.

Question 1) Will Cam Expert be updated and when will it happen?

Question 2) Can it be used to create gcode for a Turret Punch Press?

Question 3) For Laser operation, I had difficulties to force a particular cutting sequence. Is it actually possible to select the sequence manually?

Question 4) Are there any machine setup files for Fanuc 6m controllers available?
Thank you, Tom

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Cam Expert development

Post by andrew » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:37 pm

mydot wrote: Question 1) Will Cam Expert be updated and when will it happen?
This is a good question. It is certainly not a priority right now. If CAM Expert in its current version is not useful to you, you should consider something else. There's no schedule for an update at this point.
mydot wrote: Question 2) Can it be used to create gcode for a Turret Punch Press?
Not out of the box, but you can adjust the gcode output to a great extent.
mydot wrote: Question 3) For Laser operation, I had difficulties to force a particular cutting sequence. Is it actually possible to select the sequence manually?
Yes, try the menu "CAM" - "Manually Reorder Entities" before the export.
mydot wrote: Question 4) Are there any machine setup files for Fanuc 6m controllers available?
No, you would have to adjust the default configuration machines/gcode.cxm

Return to “Pre-sales Questions”