Questions about strings for QCad V2.2

Discussions related to user interface translations of QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Questions about strings for QCad V2.2

Postby eric » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:13 am

- File qcad_xx.ts

'Library Browser': Can you browse one or more libraries?

- File qcadactions_xx.ts

'Duplicate Floor': Is 'duplicate' used as a verb in this string? What does 'floor' mean in this context? Is it an equivalent for 'Plane'?

'Specify first break point on a polyline': Could you please explain what a 'break point' is?

'Choose first edge': This is a string that relates to windows. Does 'edge' refer to a line or line segment that is the intersection of two plane faces (as of a pyramid) or of two planes or is it an equivalent for 'border'?

- qcadlib_xx.ts
'Extension Point 1|X': Is this an extension point or a point on an extension line?

'Def. Point|Y': Does 'Def.' stand for 'Definition' or 'Define'?

'Extension|X1': Does extension refer to extension lines?

- qcadguiqt_xx.ts
'Check to...' (appears a number of times in this file): Does it mean to put a check mark to select an option or to make sure?

'Architectural Tick': Does 'tick' refer to 'a check mark'? Can you point to the image of such an arrow type on the Web? Thanks.

'Window preview:' Is this a window for previewing or a command name for previewing the contents of a given window?

Many thanks in advance for your quick reply.

Eric
eric
Registered Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:37 am

Re: Questions about strings for QCad V2.2

Postby andrew » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:42 am

eric wrote:- File qcad_xx.ts

'Library Browser': Can you browse one or more libraries?


One. There is one library in QCad which contains a collection of drawings of symbols and CAD parts.

eric wrote:- File qcadactions_xx.ts

'Duplicate Floor': Is 'duplicate' used as a verb in this string? What does 'floor' mean in this context? Is it an equivalent for 'Plane'?


As a verb. A floor is a floor in a building (as in storey). But you better leave that untranslated, it is currently not used by QCad itself and will change in the future.

eric wrote:'Specify first break point on a polyline': Could you please explain what a 'break point' is?


A point at which the polyline will be broken up when using this tool.

eric wrote:'Choose first edge': This is a string that relates to windows. Does 'edge' refer to a line or line segment that is the intersection of two plane faces (as of a pyramid) or of two planes or is it an equivalent for 'border'?


Please translate this as "Choose first corner". That is more appropriate since the user is choosing a corner, or two edges at once.

eric wrote:- qcadlib_xx.ts
'Extension Point 1|X': Is this an extension point or a point on an extension line?


The extension point of a dimension entity is the end point of an extension line. The extension lines usually indicate from where to where a dimension is measured.

eric wrote:'Def. Point|Y': Does 'Def.' stand for 'Definition' or 'Define'?


Definition

eric wrote:'Extension|X1': Does extension refer to extension lines?


Yes, they are related. The extension is the distance of 'extent' of a dimension. From where to where it extends.

eric wrote:- qcadguiqt_xx.ts
'Check to...' (appears a number of times in this file): Does it mean to put a check mark to select an option or to make sure?


To but a check mark or tick into a check box. For example: Check this checkbox to active a certain feature.

eric wrote:'Architectural Tick': Does 'tick' refer to 'a check mark'? Can you point to the image of such an arrow type on the Web? Thanks.


Architectural ticks are 45 degree lines instead of arrows:
http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/images/ ... _dim-4.jpg

eric wrote:'Window preview:' Is this a window for previewing or a command name for previewing the contents of a given window?


It is a label in a configuration dialog. Beside that label is a color field which lets the user choose the color that is used for the "window preview". This is the color of the preview window that is shown while selecting all entities inside a window or while zooming to a window. A window in this context is a rectangular area in a drawing.

Please don't hesitate to ask if there's anything else.

Andrew
User avatar
andrew
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:07 am


Return to Translations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest