Hatch solid fill color

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD version 3

Moderator: andrew

Hatch solid fill color

Postby liderbug » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:06 pm

I'd wag someone else has ... but my searching can't find.

Confusion: I select an item, click Hatch-Solid = black. But my color is red. How do I change from black to red - hello Google? Turns out just go ahead had fill. It's the Hatch solid vs pattern box that lies (leads one astray). Seems the Hatch-Solid 'display' is always black but draws 'color'.

Then foreground/background works, yahoo...

Now a question - is there a way to (because my printer is B/W) have a border color (black) and a different fill color (white)? That way hidden lines would hide.

Thanks - Great program.

Chuck
liderbug
Newbie Member

Re: Hatch solid fill color

Postby Clive » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:26 pm

liderbug wrote: Seems the Hatch-Solid 'display' is always black but draws 'color'.

Yes and if your 'model' space background is black then the preview in the Hatch - Solid Fill will show as White! and it will fill with the set color dependent on the layer you are working on.

liderbug wrote: Now a question - is there a way to (because my printer is B/W) have a border color (black) and a different fill color (white)? That way hidden lines would hide.

To achieve this you can go to Edit - Application Preferences - Graphics View and 'un tick' the Color Adjustment option - Prevent White on White/Black on Black display.

Graphics View.png
Graphics View.png (137.38 KiB) Viewed 2873 times

Then when you set up for example different layers:
Border - with color Black
Fill White - color White.
and work on the different layers for drawing the border and on the layer 'Fill White' you should get the desired result in your print out.

Graphics View 2.png
Graphics View 2.png (15.9 KiB) Viewed 2873 times

Hope this helps :wink:
Clive

Return to QCAD 3 Suggestions and Feedback