Purge layer tool

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

J-J

Purge layer tool

Post by J-J » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:33 am

Purge unused layers is definitely a handy tool, but it would be nice to have some modulation on the action. I usually start a new drawing with a few specific layers (center, auxiliary, hidden, text...), I like to keep those, even if they remain empty for a while at the beginning. I tried the locking icon before the using the purge tool, hoping they would be kept...
Is that a possible evolution of the tool?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Purge layer tool

Post by Husky » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:52 am

I agree - the "Purge" tools are really good to keep the "workplace" clean!

And I also agree with this idea of "protected" Layer. That would be the final control of the Layer/Blocks administration! 8)

Clive

Post by Clive » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:39 am

Yes I also agree with you here. I think the fact that we now have these two extremely handy tools is a massive bonus and is a start in the right direction.

For me I guess I will use these tools when I am at the end of a drawing and finished or when I receive a drawing that needs a lot of cleaning up - this will save me so much time 8) .

However, when we have a template including predefined layers, we don't really want to lose them, so the additional option to 'double lock' a layer to make it exempt from being purged would be good.

For now, we can happily purge an already saved template/drawing but use the 'save as' when closing, this way keeping our original template the same - just a thought :wink:

Guys, I think you should add some feature requests for added options for these tools :D

J-J

Post by J-J » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Ok, hope Andrew won't mind the extra work, I put in the feature request: http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/in ... ask_id=798
JJ

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”