Dynamic entries to length edit box

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

jhbrasdor
Registered Member

Dynamic entries to length edit box

Post by jhbrasdor » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:32 am

Hi, I’m new to QCad. Just bought pro a few days ago. Really like the software. Hats off to the developers, nice work.

I have a suggestion for the Length edit boxes on options tool bar. I would like the ability to set the value dynamically. This would speed up drawing edits as I often don’t know or remember the value from my drawing.

Here’s how it could work. Right click on the Length edit box to evoke the context popup menu. The first menu option could be something like ‘Point-to-Point’. Select this menu option then select two points on the drawing (with default snap options). The distance between the two points will be set in the Length edit box.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Dynamic entries to length edit box

Post by Husky » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:24 am

Hello jhbrasdor - welcome to the QCAD Forum,
jhbrasdor wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:32 am
Here’s how it could work. Right click on the Length edit box to evoke the context popup menu. The first menu option could be something like ‘Point-to-Point’. Select this menu option then select two points on the drawing (with default snap options). The distance between the two points will be set in the Length edit box.
When I need information on a single entity in a drawing I use the QCAD "Property Editor". Fortunately many Properties are also editable like (e.g.) the length of a line or the size of a polygon rectangle.

Husky-2019.03.01-01.png
Husky-2019.03.01-01.png (25.46 KiB) Viewed 6368 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Dynamic entries to length edit box

Post by andrew » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:13 am

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion.

I've added a feature request under:
https://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.p ... sk_id=1858

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”