Background images, again

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

jackieh

Background images, again

Post by jackieh » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi
I've just started using QCAD, after being a casual user of AutoCAD for many years. 'Cos I'm an archaeologist, I reuse plans of historic areas over and over again (and elevations of historic buildings), so I've got a lot of AutoCAD drawings (v14, I think) that I want to use and modify. A number of these have one or more jpgs as background (historic maps or manual corrections to photogrammetry). I can see these in QCAD, but if the raster image is visible, I can't see the drawing. The 'send to back' tool did not work. I tried deleting the image and then reinserting it as a png (tho' really that's too low resolution) but it didn't make any difference - I still had the same problem.

What am I doing wrong?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Background images, again

Post by andrew » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Modify > Send to Back should indeed do the trick.
Note that if an image is currently selected, it is always displayed in front (to make sure one can see what is selected). So Select > Deselect All might be needed after sending to back.

If you cannot solve the problem, please indicate your version of QCAD, your operating system and attach a file which has that problem, thanks.

jackieh

Post by jackieh » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Thanks. After a bit more fiddling around, I discovered the problem. I needed to change to background colour from black to white, so that the line (which were there all along!) became visible as black lines on top of the image.

Sorry to have bothered you!

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:29 pm

sbkenn: I've moved your unrelated post to a new topic at:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3724

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”