Selecting individual points

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

robdv57

Selecting individual points

Post by robdv57 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:33 pm

There should be some direct way to select an individual point placed on a line or at an intersection, to either erase it or change its color (while leaving the lines unaffected), but I haven't been able to figure it out. Using version 3.7.5. Please advise.

Clive

Re: Selecting individual points

Post by Clive » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:46 pm

Yes, I've also found this problematic. What I do is have a dedicated layer to use for points, by doing this it makes things more manageable, you can turn other layers off in order to select points.

Of course you could use the selection filter tool too.

robdv57

Post by robdv57 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:43 pm

Thanks Clive. Based on your input, I fiddled some more with the filter and got it to work. Perhaps a future version can include a more direct means, such as holding down a designated key while clicking on the point, provided the programming isn't disproportionately heavy. Regards, RDV

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:54 pm

Hi,

in cases like that one a Rectangle selection works best for me:

Menu / Select / Select Rectangular Area/ and make sure that the option "Cross selection" is deactivated.

For a quick rectangle selection I use direct the mousepointer in my drawing to drag a rectangle area over the particular area.
Dragbox from the left to the right = I catch everything what is completely inside the dragbox,
Dragbox from the right to the left = I catch everything what is inside the box and is cut by the box borders.

Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”