Highlight color when selecting entities

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Max_marz
Newbie Member

Highlight color when selecting entities

Post by Max_marz » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:30 am

Stock Q cad has the highlight color as a light pale blue which doesn't contrast very well with white line color, Doing some research in past versions it looks like this could be edited through "Qcad.ini" however qcad 3 seems to not have a such file in the program folder unless it is kept somewhere else?
Anyhow I'm just looking for a way to change my highlight color to a more contrasting color like neon pale orange or something.
So far im loving Q cad and the drafting is coming to me very naturally as a mastercam user looking for something lightweight to run on a netbook.
Thanks guys.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Highlight color when selecting entities

Post by Husky » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:45 am

Hello Max_marz - welcome to the forum!

Many colors are directly customizable in QCAD - please have a look at Menu / Edit / Application Preferences ...
Husky-2016.02.07-01.png
Husky-2016.02.07-01.png (125.38 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
... maybe there is already a solution for you. :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Max_marz
Newbie Member

Post by Max_marz » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:24 am

You'll notice that "highlight color" is not one of the options in the menu hence why I am posting here and also discussing the previously mentioned Qcad.ini.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:37 am

Unfortunately entity highlighting is more complex than using a fixed color.

The highlighting color is a variation of the original entity color. Any fixed highlighting color would mean that entities in that particular color could not be visibly highlighted.
Entities in bright colors are highlighted in a darker shade of that color, dark entities are highlighted in a brighter color. The highlighting color also depends on the graphics view background color to make sure entities don't 'disappear' in the background. There is currently no way to override that behavior.

Max_marz
Newbie Member

Post by Max_marz » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:47 am

Oh ok, that makes total sense. I think I can live with that given the circumstances. The thread can be closed, thanks for the tip.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”