Save/Load in application prefs

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

JonCAD
Newbie Member

Save/Load in application prefs

Post by JonCAD » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:42 am

Win 7 64-bit, Qcad Pro 3.13.1

In application prefs I cannot seem to set any file format which works - QCAD seems not to like any of the "Tiegha" formats. It says the colors won't save correctly. The trouble is there are only about 10 options there, all of them being "Tiegha." So evidently I'll get an error to deal with no matter which default file type I choose. I can't simply 'save'; I have to go through the file naming process (save as...) every time?

The 'save as' dialog gives me at least 20 options, only one of which apparently I can use - R15 (2000/200LT) DXF Drawing (dxflib) (*.dxf).

How do I set that format in my application prefs? Or use one of the newer formats without getting an error? e_confused

Thanks, jc

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Save/Load in application prefs

Post by andrew » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:26 am

None of the format options provided in the preferences dialog should trigger any warnings. Can you confirm that the same options are available on your installation?
Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 08.22.24.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 08.22.24.png (177.08 KiB) Viewed 3948 times
Note that if you load a file which is stored in an older format version, QCAD uses that same format version to save the file when using File > Save.

If you wish to upgrade a file from an older format version to a newer format version, you will have to use File > Save As for the first save and choose newer format version. After that, File > Save will automatically use the same chosen newer format version.

JonCAD
Newbie Member

Re: Save/Load in application prefs

Post by JonCAD » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi, Andrew, thanks.
Yes, those are the load/save options I have on my installation.
Note that if you load a file which is stored in an older format version, QCAD uses that same format version to save the file when using File > Save.
Ah. That's it! :oops: I tried that and it seems to work.
Thank you very much for your help and for your patience.
-jc

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”