Insert Vertex into Polyline that is Same as First Vertex

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

qtq
Registered Member

Insert Vertex into Polyline that is Same as First Vertex

Post by qtq » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:54 pm

I have a bunch of closed polylines which are used to define faces of planar geometry in an external program. However, I am having an issue where polylines that I have drawn by hand are valid, but polylines I copied from a DXF file are not valid in my external program.

As far as I can tell, the problem is one with the vertices in the polyline. In polylines I draw in QCAD with n corners (e.g. n = 4 for a rectangle, 5 for a pentagon, etc.), the polylines have n+1 vertices, where vertices 0 and n have identical coordinates. Vertices in a copied polyline only have n vertices, where the last vertex (n-1) does not coincide with the first (0).

If I could easily insert that last vertex into the existing polylines (basically copy the first text and append it to the list of vertices for the polyline), I believe my problem would be solved. However, I can not find a good way of appending vertices to a polyline, short of redrawing the whole line/shape, which I would very much like to avoid as I have ~80 of these to do.

Edit- I have resolved this problem by preprocessing the DXFs I create, after QCAD but before my final program. However, I am still interested in finding a solution to this in QCAD

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Insert Vertex into Polyline that is Same as First Vertex

Post by andrew » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:35 pm

I'm not sure I understood your question, but this might just be the tool you are looking for:
http://qcad.org/doc/qcad/latest/referen ... eAutoClose

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”