Arc with radius from another entity

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

teegee

Arc with radius from another entity

Post by teegee » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:52 pm

Something I can't find in the docs or in google:

- When I use 'arc from two points and radius', the radius is a direct entered value (typed by me). Is there a way to set the arc radius to be equal to a radius from an otherwise unrelated circle in the drawing? I could measure that value (infodist), and type it in the angle entry box, but that feels like I'm doing something wrong.

- Can angle be measured (with infoangle) to sub-degree precision? Can't find this in application settings..

This is latest pro version on Linux btw.

Cheers!

Rob

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Arc with radius from another entity

Post by andrew » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:00 pm

teegee wrote:- When I use 'arc from two points and radius', the radius is a direct entered value (typed by me). Is there a way to set the arc radius to be equal to a radius from an otherwise unrelated circle in the drawing? I could measure that value (infodist), and type it in the angle entry box, but that feels like I'm doing something wrong.
You could copy the radius of the other circle from the property editor.
teegee wrote:- Can angle be measured (with infoangle) to sub-degree precision? Can't find this in application settings..
The exact angle is always shown in the command line history (View > Command Line). The angle precision for angles shown in the graphics view can be configured under Edit > Drawing Preferences > Dimension Settings > Angular Dimensions

teegee

Post by teegee » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:13 pm

andrew wrote:You could copy the radius of the other circle from the property editor.
OK, that's fine. I thought I might be missing a way to select a value from the drawing.
teegee wrote:The exact angle is always shown in the command line history (View > Command Line). The angle precision for angles shown in the graphics view can be configured under Edit > Drawing Preferences > Dimension Settings > Angular Dimensions
Ah, I missed the value on the command line. That will work fine..

The setting you refer to doesn't seem to be related to the value infoangle prints in the graphics view btw.. If I change it to '0.00' precision, it still prints integer degrees only..

Thanks!

Rob

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:17 pm

teegee wrote:The setting you refer to doesn't seem to be related to the value infoangle prints in the graphics view btw.. If I change it to '0.00' precision, it still prints integer degrees only..
Please make sure you change these preferences under Edit > Drawing Preferences, NOT Edit > Application Preferences.

teegee

Post by teegee » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:21 pm

andrew wrote:Please make sure you change these preferences under Edit > Drawing Preferences, NOT Edit > Application Preferences.
Ugh, sorry about that! You're absolutely right :)

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”