QCAD 3.29.4.0 crashing Mac M1

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

LunarWhisperer86
Registered Member

QCAD 3.29.4.0 crashing Mac M1

Post by LunarWhisperer86 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:27 pm

Hi,

My QCAD keeps crashing out of the blue on my Mac M1. It's getting really annoying I keep losing work

I've attached the crash log

I've run it through chatgpt if it's of any use:

The crash report for QCAD-Pro indicates a crash occurred due to a signal SIGABRT (abort signal), specifically an EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT). This type of crash typically occurs when an application terminates unexpectedly due to an unrecoverable error. The abort() call, mentioned in the "Application Specific Information" section, is often triggered by serious runtime errors such as failed assertions or other conditions that the software cannot safely continue running after detecting.

From the thread that crashed (Crashed Thread: 0), we can trace back to the source of the problem. The stack trace includes multiple calls within Qt's framework, specifically within the QtQml module, which is used for integrating QML and JavaScript code with C++ applications. The calls related to memory management (QV4::MemoryManager::sweep, QV4::MemoryManager::runGC, etc.) suggest that the crash might be related to garbage collection or memory handling within the QtQml module.

A few possible reasons for such a crash could be:

Memory Corruption: If the application or the libraries it uses corrupt memory, it can lead to crashes when the corrupted memory is accessed or managed. This could happen due to a bug in QCAD-Pro, a third-party library it uses, or even in the Qt framework itself.
Invalid Memory Access: The application might be trying to access memory that has already been freed, leading to an abort() call when the error is detected.
Bug in Qt Framework: Since the stack trace involves a lot of Qt internal functions, particularly related to memory management and QML, there might be a bug in the Qt framework that QCAD-Pro uses.
Misuse of Qt API: QCAD-Pro might be using Qt's API in a way that leads to undefined behavior, such as improper setup or teardown of QML components, leading to issues during garbage collection.
Attachments
QCAD crash log 6MAR24.txt
(93.52 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”