Viewports

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

bryank99
Newbie Member

Viewports

Post by bryank99 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:42 am

Am I missing something? The examples shown when selecting multiple viewports imply that the views printed are different in each viewport, however all changes to scale etc I make in one are simply set in the others. Should one not be able to move the "paper" to include the desired drawing as in version 2 and be able to set different scales in each viewport?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:22 am

If I understand you correctly, you associate viewports with printing to paper. However, there is no such relationship. Viewports are a feature for the display. With multiple viewports, you can zoom in to different features of your drawing at once. Viewports have no influence on printing to paper or exporting to PDF.

bryank99
Newbie Member

Viewports

Post by bryank99 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks to Admin. Your answer clears up my question. I was associating viewports with those used in AutoCAD for printing purposes. The viewports as used here will prove to be really useful, what a pleasure!

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”