QCADCAM on Windows

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

srl

QCADCAM on Windows

Post by srl » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:24 am

Hi Andrew
I've loaded 3.7 on to two win8.1 machines and I can't get the -enable-script-debugger to work("QCad stop working").
Also the cut from center option breaks the CAM process only on Windows. Of course I cant find the problem. My Fedora20 machine works fine.
Thanks for the changes to Camexporter as it gives me more options. I'm in the process of making my file clean of your code.
Have I missed something with windows?
Srl

andrew
Site Admin

Re: QCADCAM on Windows

Post by andrew » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:22 pm

srl wrote:I've loaded 3.7 on to two win8.1 machines and I can't get the -enable-script-debugger to work("QCad stop working").
The script debugger can be useless in some situations since it changes the order in which the application processes. It allows event processing to take place between any two script calls which can have undesirable side effects including crashes.
srl wrote:Also the cut from center option breaks the CAM process only on Windows. Of course I cant find the problem. My Fedora20 machine works fine.
This is odd. Especially since all CAM functionality is implemented on a script level, far away from the operating system. Is it the same QCAD/CAM version?

A good way to check what is going on is to place qDebug() output statements at selected places in your code and watch the output.

srl

Post by srl » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:39 pm

Hi Andrew
The script debugger on windows is now working.

I'm finding that the cut from centre option with GCode.js only works on all versions if I have the -enable script debugger on.
I have a config file with a full exportContour function and it is fine.
Could this be because of the changes to export contour?

Stephen

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:41 am

I cannot reproduce this here at the moment (QCAD/CAM 3.7.2, configuration 'GCode').
Does this affect a particular drawing file? If so, can you attach it? Can you also attach a screenshot of the CAM export dialog, so I can see the exact parameters used? Thanks!

srl

Post by srl » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi Andrew
I just noticed the 372 update last night. Just tested again and cut inner paths is still broken here.
Any entity inside a closed contour drawing with the "Cut inner paths before outer paths" checked.
It works fine with -enable debugger.
qcadccproblem.png
qcadccproblem.png (197.32 KiB) Viewed 9923 times
srl

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:42 pm

OK, thanks. I can reproduce it with the 'cut inner paths before outer paths' option (before, you mentioned 'cut from center' which seems not to be the problem, right?).
I will look into that, thanks.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:28 pm

OK, this is fixed for the next release. Thanks for the report.

srl

Post by srl » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:25 am

Thanks Andrew
All working again in the latest 3.7.3 release.

srl

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:52 pm

OK, great. Thanks for letting me know.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”