Half degrees of an angle

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

PlasticAndre
Newbie Member

Half degrees of an angle

Post by PlasticAndre » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:22 pm

Hello!
I´m making a triangle wich contains an angle with a decimal value, then when using the automatic dimensioning tool it always rounds up to the nearest whole numerical value( i.e. a triangle might have a sum of its angles being 181 degrees).
Please.. i use what i think is the the correct line tools and and tools for joining to ends on lines.
Btw i have had this working properly in qcad demo.
Andre

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Half degrees of an angle

Post by andrew » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:35 pm

You can adjust dimension label rounding / precision under:
Edit > Drawing Preferences > Dimension > Dimension Settings
Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 20.34.08.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 20.34.08.png (96.51 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
If you want to make this the default for new drawings, use:
Edit > Application Preferences > Defaults For New Drawings > Dimension Settings

PlasticAndre
Newbie Member

Post by PlasticAndre » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Thank u soooo very much!

moontan
Registered Member

Post by moontan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:25 pm

Hello,

I just upgraded from QCAD 3.4 to 3.9 (on OS X 10.10) and I came across this thread looking for a way to solve the very same problem. However, the solution suggested here doesn't seem to work for me. I tried one, two, three decimal places in the settings but still, when I draw the angle between two lines QCAD rounds up to the nearest whole numerical value. I also tried different decimal indicators ("." and ","), to no avail.
I found an old QCAD drawing where the angles are properly labelled with decimals but I can't seem to remember how I made it work back then. Not seeing the wood for the trees here…

moontan
Registered Member

Post by moontan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:39 pm

I just created a new file and drew a random triangle in it. Then I added angle indications and the decimal places are there. However, in the previous file I still can't get the degrees to go beyond whole values. I copied the drawing into a new empty drawing and the problem persists. There definitely should be a point five there.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”