Mac OSX 10.6 Help Manual keeps looking in wrong location

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD 2.1/2.2.

Moderator: andrew

RandallG

Mac OSX 10.6 Help Manual keeps looking in wrong location

Post by RandallG » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Hello,

When I first downloaded QCAD, I launched it from within my download directory. I have since moved Qcad into my Applications directory but now the left sidebar Contents are still searching the download location instead of in the new location, Applications. Is this a setting I can adjust? How would I go about doing that? Thanks for any assistance.

Randall

PS. I forgot to mention that I downloaded QCad Version 2.2.2 just today.
Also, if I click on the HOME button in the Assistant, the links all work but they don't work if clicked only from the left sidebar Contents window which would be quite useful to have working. Thank you.

RandallG

SOLVED... For Mac OSX 10.6.4

Post by RandallG » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:30 am

Using Terminal (In Applications, Utilities) change directory by typing cd .assistant Then type ls -l to view all the files. You will notice that each file here has an extension of .QCad. Remove all of them by typing, rm *.QCad.

Once you restart QCad, your help files will now be working correctly. Search will work and also the left sidebar content.

Finder will not let you see the hidden folders which is any folder that begins with a dot, such as the folder called .assistant.

Took me quite a while to figure this out as a previous poster here had said they tried that and it didn't work. Well perhaps they didn't do this for EVERY user profile on the system.

Too bad RibbonSoft doesn't make this fix more obvious to their paying customers such as myself. If it wasn't for the fact that QCad was such a great 2D CAD program, I would have refused to invest so much time for free...LOL.

Regards,

Randall

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:05 am

Please refer to our FAQ at:
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad_doc_faq.html#15

15. I cannot access the manual in QCAD. It used to work in the demo version / a previous version.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 'How Do I' Questions”