Inserting Images

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD 2.1/2.2.

Moderator: andrew

mwslig
Registered Member

Inserting Images

Post by mwslig » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:00 pm

I purchased QCAD a few weeks ago and have been very pleased. I come from a AutoCad background and last used that program around the R11 days (DOS based).

I'm doing Architectural drawings for a home remodel and as I was experimenting with some features of QCAD I began looking into the 'Image Insert' command. Inserting Jpeg images into drawings was something that R11 didn't do. I love the feature!

One thing about "Q" that I have had a problem with is it's limited fonts. I have read in a post here that True Type fonts might be included in a future release, I hope so.

It occured to me that I could create a title block with true type fonts in Photoshop Elements, save it as a jpeg image, and insert it into the drawings. It inserted fine but when printing it doesn't show up.

I tested it with a photograph in which I typed some letters on the image and inserted that. That printed fine. Better yet, I went back to Elements and changed the text, saved it and went back to Q and was surprised that the text had automatically changed.

I'm sure I can do what I'm trying, I'm just missing some small detail. Does anybody have any ideas?

Mike

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 'How Do I' Questions”