How do I delete part of a solid fill?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD 2.1/2.2.

Moderator: andrew

RoXus
Registered Member

How do I delete part of a solid fill?

Post by RoXus » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:54 pm

I have a drawing with a lot of rectangles adjacent to each other which I have filled with a solid fill. I now found out that one of the rectangles is wrong. So I want to delete it. When I click on the border of that rectangle, there appears to be selected only a line (or all 4 border lines of the rectangle), and pressin del does not have any (visible) effect. When I click into the rectangle, all corners within the drawing are selected. I absolutely have no idea how to select the wrong rectangle alone to get rid of it.

Can anyone help?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:09 pm

It sounds like you have created a single solid fill over all rectangles. In this case, the solid fill is one entity and you cannot remove an individual part (loop) from it. You might want to create an individual solid fill for each rectangle instead to be more flexible.

RoXus
Registered Member

Post by RoXus » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:08 pm

Thanks, andrew, for your reply. I already thought that I did something like this. But how can I - in future - create individual solid fills?

PS.: I'm pleasantly surprised to have such a fast answer :D . A pity that I use QCAD only from time to time (with a corresponding learning curve) :cry:

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:25 am

Each solid fill that you create in one step (select contour, create hatch / solid fill) becomes one single solid fill entity.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 'How Do I' Questions”