Tip - Working with Viewports and the View-list in QCAD 3

Tips and tricks you want to share with other users. Tutorials, user submitted documentation, etc.

Moderator: andrew

Re: Tip - Working with Viewports and the View-list in QCAD 3

Postby Husky » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:28 am

XP, QCAD3

Hi Clive,

I like to work with Viewports and the View List .... but I have a couple question regarding this topic :shock:

Question:
1. I know that I'm able to save my choice (2, 3, 4 windows etc) of Viewports with the drawing - but if I reopen this drawing the arrangement is lost and the last used views are gone. Makes it sense to save something although I have to rearrange everything new?

2. If I decide to use the Viewports as default for every new drawing and mark this in the Application Preferences - I can open a new drawing with the correct number of Viewports but the arrangement has nothing to do with the Preview in the settings. :roll: (and yes - I restarted QCAD ....) :wink:

3. The Scrollbar for each window has the same size like the normal used scrollbars for windows. If you are working on a normal size Monitor it "steals" a lot of "working space". Is there any possibility to make the scrollbars half(?) size wide .....

4. I thing the Viewports and the View List belongs together - is there any option to put this function on the "View List" Tool Bar instead to go the long way over the "Drawing preferences" Menu?

* [Edit: View Ports now retain their position after opening/closing in QCAD 3 final ]
Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Tip - Working with Viewports and the View-list in QCAD 3

Postby Husky » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:50 am

clive wrote:... My initial reason for submitting this post was to 'high light' the advantages of using the Viewport and View-list features!

I thing it is a good idea to give the user "on side" information to explore or ..... remember those functions in QCAD. Keep doing that :wink:

clive wrote: As regards to the window arrangements not remaining persistent I had submitted a bug report already - see here:
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/in ... ask_id=629
Hopefully this will be corrected :wink:

Would be nice!!! 8)

* [Edit: View Ports now retain their position after opening/closing in QCAD 3 final ]

clive wrote:Your suggestions in 3 and 4 of your list seem very logical to me and I agree with them, I think you should add them to the 'ever growing' feature list 8)

Yep, I will do that ;-)
Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Return to QCAD 3 Tips and Tutorials