Video - Change grid color

Tips and tricks you want to share with other users. Tutorials, user submitted documentation, etc.

Moderator: andrew

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Video - Change grid color

Post by andrew » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:39 am

Cool, it works great here!

I'll just add my two cents for the viewers:

When experimenting with grid colors, you might also want to try adding transparency to the grid.
You can do this by selecting the bottom choice of the color combo box (Others...). A system dependent color dialog is shown which allows you to choose a color and a value for 'alpha', 'transparency' or 'opacity'. Then choose for example black or white but with 25-75% transparency. A transparent grid and meta grid color has the advantage that the entities underneath the grid always remain visible. Especially fine horizontal or vertical lines tend to completely disappear under opaque meta grid lines at certain zoom levels.

Clive

Re: Video - Change grid color

Post by Clive » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:19 pm

andrew wrote:When experimenting with grid colors, you might also want to try adding transparency to the grid.
You can do this by selecting the bottom choice of the color combo box (Others...). A system dependent color dialog is shown which allows you to choose a color and a value for 'alpha', 'transparency' or 'opacity'. Then choose for example black or white but with 25-75% transparency. A transparent grid and meta grid color has the advantage that the entities underneath the grid always remain visible. Especially fine horizontal or vertical lines tend to completely disappear under opaque meta grid lines at certain zoom levels.
Great thanks Andrew, I`ve just done this - neat tip 8)

Return to “QCAD Tips and Tutorials”