Divide 2 SOLVED

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

bobfey

Divide 2 SOLVED

Post by bobfey » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:22 pm

Using QCad professional ver 2.2.2.1 and MS XP 2002 service pack 3.

I started using QCad a few weeks back and all seemed fine. In the last week or so I am not able to use Divide 2. I can't seem to get a positive response to the command request to 'Select entity to breakout segment'.

I have removed QCad, did a file defrag and compression, restarted PC, and reinstalled QCad. Nothing changed.

I have installed a new wheel mouse. Nothing changed.

I have tried Divide 2 on a simple line segments drawing, only one layer. Still does not work.

I can work around this problem by right clicking and then picking the segment and pressing delete. It appears that Divide 2 has broken the segment at intersections but then fails to delete by itself. Not sure as I don't know just how the code is supposed to work.

Now I am ready for some new ideas.
Last edited by bobfey on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:44 pm

Divide 2 has two modes: one that removes the segment and one that cuts the segment but does not remove it. QCAD remembers the last setting that was used.

You can check / uncheck this option in the tools options toolbar while the diide 2 tool is active (it is a good idea in general to keep an eye on this toolbar):

If you cannot see this toolbar, you might have accidentally closed it. Open it again with the menu: View - Toolbars - Tool Options

bobfey

Post by bobfey » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:36 pm

andrew, thank you. It works again when told to. I will watch the actions on the tools options area. I never thought of that being the cause.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”