Hatching areas with rounded corners

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

MiHeGo

Hatching areas with rounded corners

Post by MiHeGo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Hello,

I can't fill with hatch a closed area finished with rounded angles. Here are the coordinates of the various segments and curves, following a counter-clock wise !
1. Bottom line : 670,210 to 770,210
2. First curve from 6 o'clock to 3 o'clock : center = 770,220 angles = 270° to 0°
3. Right side line : 780,220 to 780,390
4. Second curve from 3 o'clock to 12 o'clock : center = 770,390 angles = 0° to 90°
5. Upper line : 770,400 to 670,400
6. Third curve from 12 ou 0 o'clock to 9 o'clock : center = 670,390 angles = 90° to 180°
7. Left side line : 660,390 to 660,220
8. 4th and last curve from 9 o'clock to 6 o'clock : center = 670,220 angles = 180° to 270°.
Well, IMHO, this seems to be a correctly closed "contour", is it not ?

This closed area was prepared with a rectangle area, then using the rounding tools ("arrondir les coins" en français). Area seems to be correctly closed, when zooming at the maximum on each corner.

When I select the contour, it's OK. When I use the hatch tool, a message tells me something translated like : «Incorrect hatch area. Check that selected entities form one or several closed areas. » (en français : "Zone de hachure incorrecte. Vérifiez que les entités choisies forment un ou plusieurs contours fermés.")

I already noticed that some times, hatching is first refused then I try again without changing any entity and hatching is successful.

By the way, is there some tools or commands that can help to check the directions of such segments and curves, like a way to superimpose an arrow on the lines of the selected contour ? Checking on figures can be error prone.

Second "by the way", what is the procedure to follow to hatch an area surrounding an internal area not to be filled. Like a kitchen worksurface with space for the wash sinks. I want to hatch the worksurface but leave the sinks not hatched.

Thank you for your attention.

Michel
(Qcad 2.2.2.0 Pro, Windows XP Home Edition SP3).

MiHeGo

Post by MiHeGo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:35 am

Hello,

SOLVED, my mistake !

To-day I checked again the lines and curves of this part of my drawing, this time deleting each entity before restoring it. And the cause for the impossibility to hatch was obvious with this method : the right upper curve (item 6) existed twice. Deleting one of them allowed me to select the closed area and then correctly hatch it.

Still, I don't understand how I could create 2 identical curves, using the same tool to change one corner into a round curver. Once a corner is processed, the initial corner is no longer there to allow creation of another curve. IT mystery ?

Michel

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”