Pro version reverted to Demo version

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

ArchieWilson
Newbie Member

Pro version reverted to Demo version

Post by ArchieWilson » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:44 am

I purchased the pro version 6 or 7 weeks ago and used it without problems for a few weeks. After a few weeks of inactivity I opened it up yesterday and did a drawing. When I printed it it had the "this is a demo..." message on the print-out.

Today i opened the new drawing and, after 10 minutes, I was forced to log off--it thinks I'm using the free demo version.

What gives?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:32 am

The QCAD Demo and the QCAD Pro version are two different programs (i.e. it is not the same program that can be switched from Demo to Pro mode and back).

After purchasing the Pro version, you must download, install and use the Pro version instead of the Demo version. I guess that you either have the Demo and the Pro version installed side by side and you are now starting the wrong version or that you have only been using the Demo version so far and you never downloaded and installed the Pro version at all. To do this, please proceed as follows:

Visit our online store at:
https://www.ribbonsoft.com/store

-> Click "My Account"
-> Login
-> View appropriate order
-> Click "download" button beside appropriate product
-> Download QCAD Professional for your system

ArchieWilson
Newbie Member

Post by ArchieWilson » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:05 pm

I kept the demo version when I bought the pro version because I had some drawings I wanted to work on further. I could never figure out how to copy those to the library in Pro so I just kept the Demo sitting on the desktop. It is named Demo and Pro has "pro" in its file name so I know which version I opened and have been using. As I mentioned in the original post Pro was working just fine for a few weeks but not after several weeks of inactivity.

If there is no hope of making use of drawings done in Demo I suppose I could delete-uninstall Demo and maybe that will make Pro start working properly. Perhaps I would need to reinstall Pro as well.

ArchieWilson
Newbie Member

Post by ArchieWilson » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:23 pm

I looked at my account and the order number is 88341. In Order Details it indicates I have 8 downloads remaining after downloading again this morning. I opened the new Pro download and started a simple drawing to see if it gives me the same problem I had yesterday. So far so good.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”