what is different with qcad hatches?

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

hungerburg
Premier Member

what is different with qcad hatches?

Post by hungerburg » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:38 pm

Recently I learned about the open source tool kabeja, that does a very good job in rendering pdfs from dxf (circles remain circles, even with a line pattern!), but the hatches from my qcad drawings come out wrong. Curiously, the errror looks much the same in a recent version of Adobe Illustrator: at first sight the hatched area looks like a black solid, only when zooming in I see, that there are virtually hundreds of lines crammed very tightly.

Is there anything I can do about it? will the promised version 3 change that? the file in the qcad patterns library looks fine on its own.

hungerburg
Premier Member

Re: what is different with qcad hatches?

Post by hungerburg » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:04 pm

hungerburg wrote: at first sight the hatched area looks like a black solid, only when zooming in I see, that there are virtually hundreds of lines crammed very tightly.
A kind person with autocad 2007 now got a drawing of mine, and also said that the hatch is very narrow and so is causing display performance problems. Isnt this a known compatibility issue?

peak
Registered Member

Post by peak » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:48 am

I got this issue too.
I do found that the hatch in QCAD is more powerful than in AutoCAD. QCAD can fill complex area rightly since sometimes even AutoCAD can not. But it happened that the hatch done by QCAD can ONLY display right in QCAD, while in AutoCAD and other CADs, like BricsCAD, the hatch is not shown right.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”