Crash when print or PDF

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

radar
Registered Member

Crash when print or PDF

Post by radar » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:50 pm

QCAD: 2.2.2.0 (Demo)

Hi,

I have downloaded the demo version to try out, and whether I am trying to print to printer (Epson PX700W, latest drivers) or PDF, QCAD initially brings up a dialog saying either 'Processing Page' or 'Printing Page', then crashes with no explanation. I originally thought this was a general problem with the application, but then discovered that it only seems to apply with imported DXF drawings. However, the imported drawing has been saved as a native QCAD DXF. Any ideas?

Thanks, Andrew

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:59 am

Are you generating a PDF using the standard Mac printer dialog or the QCAD menu "File" - "PDF Export"?

radar
Registered Member

Post by radar » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi. I am using the Mac print to PDF. I have now bought the standard package and everything seems to be working fine. I think the issue may have been with a corrupt DXF file from another application.

My only complaint so far is the lack of normal Mac Finder features in the Open/Save dialogs, but I guess that is due to the cross-platform support. Shame though - it is one of the good things about Mac over the various *nix flavours that I have used over the years.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”