problems with QCad software

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

milind
Registered Member

problems with QCad software

Post by milind » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:21 am

hi,

I am new to QCad software and facing several problems for adjusting my drawings. I had converted all the dwg files to dxf format but when i open them in QCad the alphanumeric data and the drawing gets misalligned. I was using "Avant Grade BK BT" font in Autocad(windows based) and now have shifte to QCad (linux based).

Please let me know the subtitute font for "Avant Grade BK BT" in QCad suggest me the steps to allingn them. So that that i can use the software with ease.

thanks

michael
Site Admin

Post by michael » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:19 am

QCad Professional uses different built-in fonts stored in /fonts/ directory.
It does not use Windows TTF fonts. (So it is possible to implement a Avant Grade BK BT like font there if needed. Just copy one file and open and edit it as usual within QCad Professional.)

I know that if you use DXF files from different programs like AutoCad it may be show different.

Anyway it is a good idea to use "standard" or "normal" font within QCad Professional. Use "pr" hotkey to change the font type and size.

milind
Registered Member

reply & a query

Post by milind » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:08 am

hi,

plz let me know whether "Avant Grade BK BT" font to be installed in /font/directory or download the same from the internet and then to be instlled.

waiting for prompt reply

thanks

michael
Site Admin

Re: reply & a query

Post by michael » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:48 pm

It is not possible to use TTF Windows fonts within QCad Professional.

But it is possible to design a new font like your TTF Font and place it in /font/ directory based on an existing existing one.

Basically you need to change the font to "standard" or "normal" etc. after importing a DXF file from an other application like AutoCad. Sure it is needed to change maybe also the font-size etc.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”