How does the property editor work?

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

edi

How does the property editor work?

Post by edi » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:05 pm

Hi,

I have just installed version 2.1.2.8. I *love* the auto-snap and find the new property editor interesting, but I cannot figure out how to edit *several* items at once as has been announced (or maybe I have misunderstood this).

I select several text items, press "pr" and get the selection cross. Nothing else until I click onto an object, then the property editor pops up for this one object. Everything ok, but no editing of properties of several items at once.

What am I missing here?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: How does the property editor work?

Post by andrew » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm

The property editor that comes up after pressing 'pr' is actually the old property editor that was already there in previous versions. The new property editor that was added in 2.1.2.8 is a dockable widget that can be shown or hidden (like the layer list or block list).

To show it, choose the menu 'View' - 'Toolbars' - 'Property Editor'.

To change multiple text heights:
- Select all texts to change
- Double-click on property 'Height'
- Enter new height

edi

Post by edi » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:36 pm

Thanks, that's very cool! May I suggest to activate this widget by default since you are advertising this feature?

neo
Newbie Member

old property editor not popping up...

Post by neo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:34 am

I have downloaded the demo of the latest version (2.1.2.8, stand-alone) and was interested in the property editor.

But the property editor isn't working. I am unable to select anything. And even when I preselect the entity, the property editor isn't popping up.

Thank you.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: old property editor not popping up...

Post by andrew » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:03 am

neo wrote:I have downloaded the demo of the latest version (2.1.2.8, stand-alone) and was interested in the property editor.

But the property editor isn't working. I am unable to select anything. And even when I preselect the entity, the property editor isn't popping up.

Thank you.
The property editor is not a dialog that pops up. It is a widget you can show constantly or hide. To show it, choose the menu 'View' - 'Toolbars' - 'Property Editor'. Please refer also to my previous post.

neo
Newbie Member

thank you

Post by neo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:12 pm

thank you andrew...

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”