Cannot use mouse to select or deselect after mv

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

apjjr

Post by apjjr » Mon May 14, 2007 8:41 pm

If I select an object, type mv, click a random point, press space-bar and enter a relative distance, select keep original in the dialog, the original is deselected and the new copy is selected. At this point I cannot select other objects or deselect the new copied object with the mouse. Though, after I press ctrl-k to deselect all, all is well.
If I use the mouse to select the source and target points this does not happen.
This is the same on Windows XP and Ubuntu Linux 7.04 for QCAD 2.1.3.0.

Alex

apjjr

Post by apjjr » Tue May 15, 2007 12:16 am

Can anybody else verify this?

Alex

webrider

Post by webrider » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:50 am

I am using v2.1.3.2 and get the same results using the command line. I think this is normal. It makes since that when you start the <Edit> function <copy-move> and something is already selected, it becomes the selected object for the next action. The last thing you draw is always the last selection, even when it is a copy entity.

If you deselect everything <CTRL-k>, then when you click <Edit> and <copy-move>, the toolbar changes to the selection toolbar letting you know that a selection is required. If you select something first, then click <Edit> and <copy-move> then you don't get the selection toolbar. Instead you get the <Object snap> toolbar for the next step. This appears to be normal behavior even though pressing <CTRL-k> can be a nusiance.

You mention that it doesn't do this with mouse clicks, but mine does it also with mouse clicks. Which version are you using? My pro version 2.1.3.2 will not take the <mv> command, I have to use <move> in this case and all commands will not take the 2-letter short-cut on my winxp-pro-sp2.

webrider

Post by webrider » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:04 am

At this point I am going to argue with myself for a moment. In my previous post I mistakenly stated that the last thing you draw, is always the last selection. I wish to withdraw that statement because it doesn't hold true.

I now suspect that the copy being selected after closing the dialog box is the result of the dialog box action. I am now guessing that the dialog box closing action resorted back to the last relative orgin position which is the copy entity.

If you watch during the move, the source entity becomes selected during the move, and when you set the target point the relative origin moves from the source to the copy entity, and when you OK out of the dialog box, the copy becomes selected.

This most likely isn't normal but is consistent. Possibly a bug related to the <copy-move> code or the dialog box code.

webrider

Post by webrider » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:07 pm

Its me again. I went back and tested every other move, copy, rotate edit tool and the <mv> tool is the only tool that leaves the action results selected. For multiple copies, it even leaves all of the copies selected.

Since the dialog box is used with the other tools and does not exhibit this symptom, this further confirms that it is most likely a bug in the <mv> code part of the program. If it is not a bug, then it is inconsistent in design with the other associated copy, move, and rotate tools.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”