PDF export ugly

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

peter76

PDF export ugly

Post by peter76 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:16 am

Hi, posting here before reporting this as a bug. I'm running Qcad 2.2.2.0 on Ubuntu Jaunty 64bit. I have the following problem, when I choose PDF export, some things are rendered very badly, but when I choose print and then print to file everything is fine. I can send some examples if wanted. Anyone else has this problem?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:14 pm

Please define "ugly" and "badly". What exactly is rendered ugly? Is it rendered inaccurate? not precise? wrong color? too low resolution? ...?

peter76

Post by peter76 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi Andrew, sorry for not being precise enough. It looks to me as if it's a resolution problem. In the drawing I have, I notice that with the pdf export function I get really jagged edges on round corners of text in my drawing ( normal text and text of dimensions ). Text is black in the drawing and the dimensions are grey, nothing going wrong there. I can email you both the different outputs if you like so you can compare, If you need any more info, let me know ( or if I'm not precise enough again... :-) )

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Thanks for the clarifications. Do the PDFs only look bad on the screen or also print that way? I am wondering if there might be a problem with your PDF viewer or some preferences of it. Please feel free to send any files that cause problems to info [AT] ribbonsoft [DOT] com, we are always thankful for real life data from QCAD users.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:52 pm

The PDFs you sent look fine to me. The PDFs that are generated with the PDF Export function have actually a higher resolution than the ones that are generated with print to PDF. You might want to zoom in on a detail to see the difference.

Screen display might be bad on some PDF viewers but that is a problem of the viewer or its settings (try disabling anti-aliasing).

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”