House Plans -- Last ones drawn pencil on mylar

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

HypergolicPop
Newbie Member

House Plans -- Last ones drawn pencil on mylar

Post by HypergolicPop » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi all,

I am a "Rocket Scientist" in Huntsville, Alabama USA, Marshall Space Flight Center: http://www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/home/

I work on Space Launch System (SLS) Core Stage: http://www.nasa.gov/exploration/systems/sls/

I am building a new house on in Athens, Alabama. My design basis is a Frank Lloyd Wright Usonian.

The last house plans (1982) I drew were pencil on mylar. As a Systems / Software Engineer I do a lot of drawings, but nothing like house plans.

So I have a lot to learn.

Hypergolic Pop

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: House Plans -- Last ones drawn pencil on mylar

Post by Husky » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:00 pm

Hello Hypergolic Pop - welcome to the forum! :)
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Clive

Re: House Plans -- Last ones drawn pencil on mylar

Post by Clive » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:37 am

Hello Hypergolic Pop and welcome.

QCAD has a good mix of functions and features ... so you should find it will propell your drawings with a pop too :wink:

In my opinion all housing should be based on Usonian style, would sure give a lot more ground space on this planet of ours.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”