Config file for plasma

Discussions around the CAM Add-On of QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Indicate the post processor used.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

russ079
Newbie Member

Config file for plasma

Post by russ079 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:16 am

Hiya, just downloaded the Qcad and looks a nice bit of software, looks like it will hopefully do just what I need. I want to draw parts and convert to code for a plasma cutter. I just need X and Y of the shape my z is controlled on the machine.
Ive drawn a simple part, a square with a circle in. And exported it as cam file. How do I tell it were I want to start cutting on each line? I drew leadin and leadsouts, but when I did the cam stimulation it started in a different place. It would be nice if I could config it to automatically to add leadin and out for the cut, but not too fussed as I can draw them in easily.

Would I be able to program in a feature, So I can select were I to start (pierce in ) on each individual cut of the part, and the order I want to cut. Eg, Id cut 4x holes in a plate then the outside square.

I have an example .nc file of what I want to achieve. Id like to be able to draw a part and end up with the same code in the example Ive attached. Im not sure what type of g-code it is, maybe someone can tell me.

Thanks for your help, Ive got some learning to do about making code. I'm a newbie to this. If I can get a config file working for me, Ill be purchasing the full version.

Cheers
Russ
Attachments
russ1.txt
Example of final code, Im trying to create2
(637 Bytes) Downloaded 517 times
russ.txt
Example of final code, Im trying to create
(1.94 KiB) Downloaded 499 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Config file for plasma

Post by andrew » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:53 pm

russ079 wrote:Would I be able to program in a feature, So I can select were I to start (pierce in ) on each individual cut of the part, and the order I want to cut. Eg, Id cut 4x holes in a plate then the outside square.
If each path consists of a clearly defined end-to-end path, QCAD/CAM automatically starts at an open end and cuts the whole path in one go to its other open end.
QCAD/CAM can also cut inner contours (holes) before outer contours automatically (see CAM Export dialog options).
I have an example .nc file of what I want to achieve. Id like to be able to draw a part and end up with the same code in the example Ive attached. Im not sure what type of g-code it is, maybe someone can tell me.
There are many different G-Code dialects and that is just another one. I can't see any reasons why it should not be possible to produce that output.

russ079
Newbie Member

Re: Config file for plasma

Post by russ079 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:28 am

Thanks, I will have a play with it while I got some time over Christmas.

Return to “QCAD/CAM”