Suppressing dimension lines

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

algrass

Suppressing dimension lines

Post by algrass » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:01 am

How to suppress dimension lines as in the example shown: I just want to show the angle (in red) and not the dimension reference lines also in red and superimposed on the black lines of the rectangle.
I tried looking into Preferences but could not see any option to omit these lines showing.
Thanks
Attachments
Example.png
Example.png (3.14 KiB) Viewed 5570 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: No Dimension text

Post by Husky » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:35 am

Dimension settings: To my knowledge there is no possibility given to get rid of the extension lines. But you can explode the dimension and delete the lines one at a time.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

algrass

Re: No Dimension text

Post by algrass » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Husky wrote:Dimension settings: To my knowledge there is no possibility given to get rid of the extension lines. But you can explode the dimension and delete the lines one at a time.
Thanks Husky. That works though it can be tedious as it requires to freeze the layer containing the drawing's entities and then deleting the two dimension lines one by one. Of course, the arrows and the line of the dimension remain exploded. So any change will require three deletions!
Perhaps someone can look at it and provide a solution in a future update. After all at an intermediate step, after selecting the two points to measure, the dimension is clean and after defining the location (distance) and clicking to enter, then, and only then, the two reference lines appear. Actually this is a kind of bug for a CAD program because during work in progress the drawing can become cluttered with dimension reference lines which completely cover the original entities.
Thanks for your input.

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”