Login times out too early

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

hungerburg
Premier Member

Login times out too early

Post by hungerburg » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:11 am

The forum software times out logins too quickly. It happens to me e.g. when composing a topic reply. I always have to copy the post before hitting preview/submit, so its not lost (or have to hopefully find it in browser history) or hit preview occasionally, to keep the login alive.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Login times out too early

Post by andrew » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:19 am

hungerburg wrote:The forum software times out logins too quickly. It happens to me e.g. when composing a topic reply. I always have to copy the post before hitting preview/submit, so its not lost (or have to hopefully find it in browser history) or hit preview occasionally, to keep the login alive.
Be sure to use ribbonsoft.com/rsforum and not qcad.org/rsforum. It's a bug (limitation?) of phpBB. It cannot be installed across multiple domains and the MOD they offer for that does not work. I'm spending way too much time fixing other people's software (phpBB, prestashop, bugtracker), so we probably have to live with that for now.

[Edit: I think I was able to fix this anyway in phpBB. You should now be able to log in through either ribbonsoft.com or qcad.org or both. Logging in on one does not log you in on the other though. Please let me know if you still experience problems.]

hungerburg
Premier Member

Post by hungerburg » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:29 pm

No, it is not the domain name, I do browse ribbonsoft.com/rsforum. Its that I am slow at writing. I sometimes have to verify something, that I am about to post, before submitting, eg. by running qcad and producing a screenshot. I learned that the timeout should default to 3600 seconds. But after 20 minutes, the session has timed out already.

It is not that much of a problem. Actually, the new board is better than the old one, because after the timeout, the read/unread marks are maintained now :)

Thank You
Peter

rigrippler
Registered Member

Post by rigrippler » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Do you have the "remember me" checkbox selected?

Return to “Chat”