Release date of Qcad 3?

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

glococo
Registered Member

Qcad3

Post by glococo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi QCad staff,

To be fair, 30€ is afordable. I will buy the version 2 to help you develop Qcad 3 faster.

Btw, wish to know if I can try Qcad 3 beta ?

Best regards,
Guillermo Lo Coco.

PS: Hope to see QCAD 3 in UBUNTU Software Store soon ;-) and .deb

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:19 am

glococo: Beta's will be available through the normal download areas as soon as they are available.

artisanicview

Post by artisanicview » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:36 pm

Please, you can post an alarm in forums when Qcad3 beta is available in download area?

ambra
Newbie Member

Post by ambra » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:22 am

I applaud you for including DWG support in next version.
This will certainly make Qcad the CAD application of my choice.

Tiggr

Post by Tiggr » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Hello out there!

I'm realy loving QCad for my hobby use. It is very afordable, and easy to use.

But I'm a bit afraid to speak it out loud: I have the impression the development of QCad has stalled a bit.

Is there any sight of new versions out at the wild?

Or will QCad3 arrive just one minute after "Duke Nukem For Ever"? :wink:

Bye
Tiggr

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:41 pm

Tiggr: we're working on QCAD 3, so development has by no means stalled. We haven't made any new 2.x releases to fully concentrate on QCAD 3 development.

Tiggr

Post by Tiggr » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi Andrew!

Ok, then I keep on waiting for QCAD 3 - I'm realy eager to test the new version. There is realy a lack for good CAD-programms for linux!

Bye
Tiggr

ralvejd

Post by ralvejd » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Hello
I tested QCad community edition on Debian 6 (Squeeze). It works well but lacks some features I need. I am therefore considering buying QCad 3 when it is released.

One question:
Will QCad 3 Professional editions work on Debian 6 (Squeeze) when it is released?

regards,

ralvejd

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:58 am

ralvejd wrote:Will QCad 3 Professional editions work on Debian 6 (Squeeze) when it is released?
Most likely yes. As usual, we will try to support all major, reasonably modern Linux systems if possible.

ralvejd

Post by ralvejd » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:39 pm

andrew wrote:
ralvejd wrote:Will QCad 3 Professional editions work on Debian 6 (Squeeze) when it is released?
Most likely yes. As usual, we will try to support all major, reasonably modern Linux systems if possible.
Sounds great, I bought Qcad 2 now, hope for Version 3 soon.

regards,

ralvejd

hungerburg
Premier Member

Me2

Post by hungerburg » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:29 pm

Tiggr wrote:Hi Andrew!

Ok, then I keep on waiting for QCAD 3 - I'm realy eager to test the new version. There is realy a lack for good CAD-programms for linux!

Bye
Tiggr
Maybe its against netiquette, but I just have to chime in. I really would like to get my hands dirty on testing a beta, or even an alpha release… I postponed some work waiting for the long promised release, because I want to make use of the upcoming advanced scripting capabilities for in house drawing. I can offer years of experience as both user and developer and the meticulous patience of a saint! Platforms ubuntu/windows xp.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Me2

Post by andrew » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:59 pm

hungerburg wrote:I really would like to get my hands dirty on testing a beta, or even an alpha release… I postponed some work waiting for the long promised release, because I want to make use of the upcoming advanced scripting capabilities for in house drawing.
Would you mind to elaborate on what kind of scripting project you have lining up? The scripting interface of QCAD 3 is basically complete. At this stage, we are porting over entity types and tools from QCAD 2, adding TrueType text and some other new stuff. So depending on what you are planning to do, what we have now might already be useful to get started.

hungerburg
Premier Member

Re: Me2

Post by hungerburg » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:07 pm

andrew wrote:Would you mind to elaborate on what kind of scripting project you have lining up? The scripting interface of QCAD 3 is basically complete. At this stage, we are porting over entity types and tools from QCAD 2, adding TrueType text and some other new stuff. So depending on what you are planning to do, what we have now might already be useful to get started.
The project I started last summer consists of one script only, for use in house to create a lot of variants of, basically, one and the same box. It does pop up a dialogue and the user then chooses features and enters dimensions. The script then draws several parts and also a 2D sketch of the complete thing. The dialogue is not smart, but works as long as the user knows how to not screw up.

Drawing parts consists only of straight lines and arcs/circles in two or three colors on a single layer. On some lines I would like to add "extended entity data" for post processing with other tools. In the sketch I do place prefab blocks and would like to programmatically create nice hatches and dimensions.

I put the project on hold because qcad3 promises hatches more compatible with other apps, e.g. autocad. And to do the dimensions also from script. Qcad2 proved very reliable in the process. I was happy if I could help prepare a qcad3 of the same quality.

Peter

artisanicview

Post by artisanicview » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Im also anxious to get dirty with an alpha-beta build of Qcad3. I can test on Windows, Linux, OSX.

peter76

Post by peter76 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:41 pm

Hi Andrew,

Would it be possible for you to give us some cluess about the ongoing development for Qcad3, what you are working on and waht will be the release schedule?

Thanks in advance

Return to “Chat”