Zoom shortcuts

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

kazmer

Zoom shortcuts

Post by kazmer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:01 pm

So I'm using an IBM keyboard that has a trackpoint ("nipple") built in, and no numeric keypad (y'know, the space saver kind, sort of like this: www2.informatik.hu-berlin.de /~dschneid/elektronik/kleines/sk8855/SK8855f.jpg)

Now, this obviously doesn't have a wheel to scroll with, so I'm using keyboard shortcuts "+" and "-". "-" is sort of OK, but "+" is shifted (english keyboard -- I think it takes to be a Mozart to press it on a hungarian keyboard :) ).

I have seen applications (Firefox, for example, as I'm typing this in FF) that also treat "=" as "+" for zooming purposes, which has the benefit of not being shifted -- can this please be added?

Also, as some may remember, I have a rather strong background with Eagle CAD, which uses F3 and F4 for zooming in and out. The benefit here (in my case, at least, being right-handed) is that I don't have to move around my more able hand for the mundane task as zooming, because I can just keep my less able hand on the lower four F keys, ESC being comfortably reachable with the pinkie, etc.). This arrangement works out very well for me when using Eagle.

I don't know how keyboard handling works in QCAD, but it would be great if zoom shortcuts could be configured on extra keys, possibly in addition to +/-.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Zoom shortcuts

Post by Husky » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:28 pm

kazmer wrote:(english keyboard -- I think it takes to be a Mozart to press it on a hungarian keyboard :) ).
Don't believe that - it's a rumor - Mozart wasn't really good with Computers .... :lol: :lol: :lol:
kazmer wrote:I don't know how keyboard handling works in QCAD, but it would be great if zoom shortcuts could be configured on extra keys, possibly in addition to +/-.
Check this out - it works great! You can customize your Shortcuts in QCAD below:

Menu - Edit - Application Preferences: General, "Shortcuts and Commands"
Husky-2014.06.19-01.png
Husky-2014.06.19-01.png (76.22 KiB) Viewed 10182 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

kazmer

Post by kazmer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Ah, Pro only - fair enough, I did not check that.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:46 pm

kazmer wrote:Ah, Pro only - fair enough, I did not check that.
I wasn't aware that you are working with the CE. :oops:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

kazmer

Post by kazmer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:15 pm

I track Git development, so I default to community :) It rarely occurs to me to check Pro.

[Edit: Topic moved to QCAD Community Version forum]

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”