Isometric projection fails and deletes layernames

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Isometric projection fails and deletes layernames

Post by Husky » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:58 am

The Isometric projection tool fails and collided somehow with the entries in the Layer list and has problems to generate the iso projection.

Scenario 1: "Old" drawing, using the Isometric tool leads to losing the layer list (not the layer!) and an isometric projection isn't generated.

Zahnradpaar.dxf
(181.4 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
Scenario 2: New drawing, using the Isometric tool leads to losing the layer list (not the layer!) but the isometric projection will be generated.

Any ideas on this?

Edit:
Scenario 1: Now I've realized (I used Autozoom) that the isometric projection is indeed generated - but far away from the mousepointer.
Scenario 1+2: If I create a new layer the lost layer list will come back.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Husky

Re: Isometric projection fails and deletes layernames

Post by Husky » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:50 am

Really? No one with any ideas on this? Means that that the problem exist only on my system and is not reproducible for you?

Houston - I have a problem .... :(
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:42 am

I didn't have time to look into this yet.
Can you try to explode it first and then use the projection tool?

Husky

Post by Husky » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:49 pm

andrew wrote:Can you try to explode it first and then use the projection tool?
Certainly :wink: but I can't explode Dimensions .... :(

My unprofessional opinion is that it has (at least) something to do with the dimensions in the drawing. Exploding a single dimension or the layer for all dimensions fails - it ends up in a frozen explode tool. I can reset the explode tool but that is all.

Is a dimension included in my selection for the Isometric tool the projection will fail. My chosen reference point is always ignored. QCAD will use Absolute 0.
If I switch the Dim Layer invisible - make the selection - use the Iso tool - the projection will be correct but the Dim Layer disappears from the Layer list. After using "Hide all Layer" / "Show all Layer" the entry for the Dim Layer will be back.
If I delete the Dimension the Isometric tool works again as expected - mostly!

I guess there are couple things what comes together regarding this unexpected behavior ..... :oops:

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:01 pm

Husky wrote:My unprofessional opinion is that it has (at least) something to do with the dimensions in the drawing. Exploding a single dimension or the layer for all dimensions fails - it ends up in a frozen explode tool. I can reset the explode tool but that is all.
You're probably right, yes. This is very likely related to FS#1081 which has been fixed for the next release.

Husky

Post by Husky » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:29 pm

andrew wrote:This is very likely related to FS#1081 which has been fixed for the next release.
Perfect - a discovered problem isn't anymore a problem. Now I'm looking for the next release. Thank you again!

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”