quesiton? Stretch the location of dimension numbers

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD 2.1/2.2.

Moderator: andrew

warydragon
Newbie Member

quesiton? Stretch the location of dimension numbers

Post by warydragon » Tue May 20, 2008 3:05 am

1. I would like to know how to stretch the dimension, not the object, to get the number in a new location, like aligned with the dimension next to it?
2. Is there a way to change the default choices in the change attributes dialog to "By Layers" for all choices?

Thank you,

Fred

ttrw

Post by ttrw » Tue May 20, 2008 9:33 am

Hi Fred.

Because QCad isn't parametric, and therefore lacks constraints, the only way to achieve want you want is to re-draw your dimensions. There may be a way to do it by re-scaling them, but I haven't tried it. (FWIW, I tend to put all dimensions on a separate layer). You can also change the position of the number above the line by highlighting it and then dragging, holding the light blue highlighted point- if that makes sense?

I'm not to sure about your second question though. There are ways of manipulating entities using the move and copy tools, like changing layers and stuff. Perhaps Andrew can shed some more light on that?

Tom
Macbook Pro 2.14gHz 10.5.5 (UNIX!)

warydragon
Newbie Member

Dimension lines

Post by warydragon » Tue May 20, 2008 12:59 pm

I find that I very often add something to the drawing and want to relocate the dimension lines to keep them all evenly spaced. It's really inconvenient to have to re dimension a whole bunch of dimensions just to relocate them. My very old DOS based program would let me use the stretch command to relocate them.

This would be a nice feature to add.

Thanks,

Fred

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 'How Do I' Questions”