Strange behavior

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in the QCAD Community Edition.

Moderator: andrew

porphirius
Registered Member

Strange behavior

Post by porphirius » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:38 pm

Hi folks!

I use QCad 2.0.5 Community Edition under Linux / KDE 3.5.5 with Konqueror filemanager. So.. when I open a directory containing qcad-dxf-files and click on any interesting dxf-file, QCad opens it in a right way:

But when I run the QCad at first and then open the same file using menu "File -> Open", QCad displays something different and strange:

I don't have any ideas where the problem is.. maybe somebody else has?

porphirius
Registered Member

Post by porphirius » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:01 pm

Ahh.. just found the solution. The problem is in localization: some countries use "," as a decimal separator, others - ".". To fix this problem just follow recommendations on http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/qcad ... ssage/1710

To Andrew:

In that discussion you said:

" It has to do with the fact that in Germany a , (comma) is used as decimal point while the rest of the world
uses a . (point)."

The rest of the world ? Please, read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_separator :)

tito_gz
Registered Member

scim-qtimm

Post by tito_gz » Tue May 15, 2007 11:53 pm

I had a similar problem. I use Kubuntu and I was working with the 6.10 version. No problem with QCad 2.0.5.0 Community Edition. But recently I upgraded to the actual version (7.04). QCad was upgraded too, from Aug 12 2006 to Nov 10 2006 and the same version number for both: 2.0.5.0. In the upgraded version, if you do a circle with a radius of 5 units, no problem, but if you want a radius of 5.5 units, nothing was drawn. Now I think a circle of zero radius was drawn.

Another problem was insert blocks that I drew before I upgraded. In first place, when I insert a external block, from the libraries directory, nothing was drawn, but the name of the block and the layer that this block inserts appears in the lists. The solution was to change the factor to a value distinct of 1.0 and after a insertion go back to 1.0. This solved the problem, but the lines weren't vertical or horizontally, and the size of the text changed too. I normally use 2.5, 3.5 and 5 mm as text size. The text were transformed to 2, 3 and 5.

I searched with the packet manager (adept) for scim-qtimm, and yes, this packet was installed in the upgrade. So I removed it, and now seems work right. I removed this packet in the 6.10 version, because I had similar problems with scribus. My locale is Galician (Spain) gl_ES.

Return to “QCAD Community 'How Do I' Questions”