infinite raster zoom

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD 2.1/2.2.

Moderator: andrew

JRM
Registered Member

infinite raster zoom

Post by JRM » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:05 pm

Hi,

Once I reach a certain zoom level on a raster, if I go further then I only see the blackboard and the grid, forcing me to zoom out.

How can I continue to zoom on the image while not passing trough it ?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: infinite raster zoom

Post by andrew » Tue May 01, 2007 2:36 pm

JRM wrote:Hi,

Once I reach a certain zoom level on a raster, if I go further then I only see the blackboard and the grid, forcing me to zoom out.

How can I continue to zoom on the image while not passing trough it ?
QCad hides the image if it becomes very large to prevent it from slowing down the graphics view so much that you cannot work with it anymore.

JRM
Registered Member

Post by JRM » Tue May 01, 2007 6:21 pm

thank you for your answer

the raster file is at 4209x3276px for only 962ko, my system can handle it (Autocad uses it without slowing down) so is there any way to prevent the default behavior ?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri May 04, 2007 9:05 am

JRM wrote:thank you for your answer

the raster file is at 4209x3276px for only 962ko, my system can handle it (Autocad uses it without slowing down) so is there any way to prevent the default behavior ?
Unfortunately not. Note that QCad is not as highly optimized as AutoCAD.

The file size of the image is irrelevant since image files are usually compressed (JPEG, PNG, GIF, ...). While the image is displayed, its size in pixels affects performance and memory usage. In your case, your image consumes more than 40MB of memory when loaded.

Future versions of QCad will feature an option to disable this behavior in the configuration file.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 'How Do I' Questions”