Library entities duplicated

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

edgewing
Newbie Member

Library entities duplicated

Post by edgewing » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:04 am

Hi,

Just checking I'm not the only one before I log a bug report, has anybody had a problem whereby an entity is saved as a library component and when the library browsr is opened, it appears twice? This seems to be happening now with all my libraries.

These are in the electronic parts library. Also, there appears to be another set of parts under the transistors directory. Anybody aware of why they are there instead of in the correct spots?

Thanks

rdohmeier

Post by rdohmeier » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:29 pm

My libraries are all custom and the images in the library browser are duplicated. In addition, when I created new hatch patterns, all the hatch images in the hatch browser are duplicated. Any suggestions are welcome.

lathanial

Post by lathanial » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:32 pm

I just purchased QCad and started creating blocks for the library. All of the entries are duplicated. Has anyone found the problem yet?

Thanks
lathanial

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:36 am

Please do always indicate the exact platform (operating system, distribution, version) you are using when reporting problems. This is extremely helpful both for us and for other users who are trying to help.

lathanial

Post by lathanial » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:37 pm

Sorry about that. Here's the information.

Operating System: Ubuntu 8.04
QCad Version: 2.2.1.0

Thanks,
lathanial

lathanial

Post by lathanial » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:36 pm

This seems to correct the duplicate problem for this setup:
Operating System: Ubuntu 8.04
QCad Version: 2.2.1.0

Apparently, QCad creates a folder .qcad/library that reflects the contents of folder ~.QCad/library. (note: I renamed my installation directory to QCad). Everything seems to work as expected if I just use .qcad/library as my library and delete ~.QCad/library.

lathanial

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”