Modifying splines

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD 2.1/2.2.

Moderator: andrew

silaste

Modifying splines

Post by silaste » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:16 am

Is there any other way to modify an existing spline other than moving its control points? I have tried dividing it. I have tried using break-out-segment on it with a line crossing the spline. I can remove the segment from the line that crosses the spline but not the segment from the spline that crosses the line.

The ability to remove and add control points to a spline would be nice. An equidistant spline would also be useful.

regards: Seppo Silaste
Ubuntu 7.10 | QCad 2.2.2.0

silaste

Post by silaste » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:56 am

Ok. I found out from the suggestions-section that splines can't be modified. But surely the ability to add and remove control points shouldn't be too much a hassle to code since you must already have the control points in some datastructure and you already have the code to identify the selection of conrol points for moving them around. Removing the selected/clicked control point and doing a redraw should be basic if your code is well structured.

In the UI this could be done without any new tools if it works like this: you start dragging on a control point, when it becomes active you just press backspace or delete. Simple and elegant. Adding control points could be done by holding CTRL while clicking on a selected spline. Fast, easy and simple (at least thinks me ;o)

regards: Seppo
Ubuntu 7.10 | QCad 2.2.2.0

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 'How Do I' Questions”