Help - after all work is done the DXF is empty...

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in the QCAD Community Edition.

Moderator: andrew

Knarf
Registered Member

Help - after all work is done the DXF is empty...

Post by Knarf » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:52 am

Hi folks,

I really started getting familiar with QCAD 2.0.5.0 on my linux box (Ubuntu 8.10) since a couple of days now...
Currently I'm preparing my motobike for this years amateur rallyes and offroad events, so I use QCAD to plan and construct some parts for it. Today I've finished one of these parts after hours of measuring and hours of drawing...

After I finished, I tried to print the drawing and the first time really worked fine (except the wrong paper format). Then I tried printing it out again an all I got was an empty PS-file (respectively only empty backgrounds)...
Doesn't sound that bad so far! BUT then I noticed, that the DXF-file is also empty - not only one object, nothing. Even though the layers are still defined and displayed in the list there is absolutely nothing in the canvas... :cry:

Before start freaking out totally - does anyone of you had this issue before and hopefully a solution for this???
I was going to visit a friend of mine tomorrow to put this stuff on a CNC machine - I suppose it's canceled now! :?

Thanks in advance
Stephan

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:08 am

Most likely your drawing is not empty but displayed very small. Check the coordinates in the status bar to get an idea what area is displayed. It could be that you have accidentally constructed a very large entity or an entity at an extreme position. This might now be causing QCAD zoom out a lot to display the whole drawing.

Knarf
Registered Member

Post by Knarf » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:59 pm

Thanks Andrew for the hint!!!

I tried zooming in and out to find my drawing yesterday but couldn't find anything. The coordinates were the point - somehow it zoomed faaaaaaaaaaaaaar out so I had to strain my forefinger scrolling and voilà!!!

I'm happy again! :D

Regards
Stephan (totally relieved)

Return to “QCAD Community 'How Do I' Questions”