Not anymore able to print on paper. Edit: Solved.

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

jhietala
Newbie Member

Not anymore able to print on paper. Edit: Solved.

Post by jhietala » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:15 am

First: It is only QCad I am now having problems when I try to print. Printing from "all" other software works.

This has happened on MacOSX 10.4, the latest version of it. PPC.

Earlier I used QCad and did print. Then one day QCad crashed and after that I have not succeeded to print. Well, I do not know whether the crash is the reason or not but I think it is now better to tell that it happened. QCad works all fine but it just does not print anymore.

Everything in user interface looks good - as it were printing - but I have observed through user interface of the printer that it receives nothing from QCad. No job to print comes.

I have removed QCad plist from Preferences but it did not help.

Any ideas?
Last edited by jhietala on Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Not anymore able to print on paper

Post by andrew » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:03 am

jhietala wrote:Earlier I used QCad and did print. Then one day QCad crashed and after that I have not succeeded to print.
What exact version of QCad are you using? The problem could be that QCad printed only to PDF after printing to PDF once. This should be fixed in QCad 2.1.2.8.

jhietala
Newbie Member

Post by jhietala » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:19 am

I will check that when I am again by the computer in question.

That can be the reason. After the last time I successfully printed on paper - I "printed" PDF! I also met a crash later so I assumed it could affect but now it starts to sound that the reason was this.

I will check and then tell here.

Thanks

jhietala
Newbie Member

Post by jhietala » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:03 pm

That was it!

I had 2.1.0.1 and as I was still allowed to update I downloaded and started to use 2.1.2.8.

Yesterday I tried to find some settings file which possibly were ruined but was not successful. But now I found the hided QCad.ini. So very first I tried to remove it (actually I renamed) and then started the old 2.1.0.1 and now I was able to print on paper. Then I put the ini file back and was not able to print on paper. Then I replaced 2.1.0.1 with 2.1.2.8 and printing worked properly again with the old ini file. But this was only an experiment I wanted to carry out to have a peace in my mind. The simple summary is: 2.1.2.8 fixed the problem I had.

Thanks again for quick response. This QCad is a nice piece of software.

jbmichals14
Registered Member

Cannot Print After printing to PDF

Post by jbmichals14 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:59 am

I am using a Mac 10.4 system with QCAD 2.1.0.1 and can no longer print to a printer after printing to a PDF.

I understand that this bug has been fixed, but how do I get the version that is fixed.

Jeff Michals.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:16 am

jbmichals14: Download the update from your personal download link (see mail that was sent to you after purchase) or download it again from our online store if you have purchased through that: http://www.ribbonsoft.com/store/

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”