QCAD New Version

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD Professional.

Moderator: andrew

txsbaker
Newbie Member

QCAD New Version

Post by txsbaker » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:44 am

Any chance that you're going to release QCAD 3 with native .dwg file compatibility (not import/export), xref support/editing, paper/model space integration, and mature plotting options? The small business that I work for is looking at our CAD options and we want to purchase for 10 workstations/laptops in the very near future. If you could offer a decent alternative to AutoCAD LT, I'd definitely purchase your product, even if it meant a substantial price increase over QCAD 2.x.

I like QCAD now, but it lacks some "must-have" features for production use. I've looked at IntelliCAD variants, but I'm looking for a cross-platform solution. Judging by my internet searches, it seems like a whole lot of other people are, too.

I hope to hear something soon. Thanks.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: QCAD New Version

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:28 am

txsbaker wrote:native .dwg file compatibility (not import/export)
yes
txsbaker wrote:xref support/editing
probably
txsbaker wrote:paper/model space integration
probably
txsbaker wrote:mature plotting options
Plotting in the sense of HP/GL most likely not. More advanced printing is more likely.
txsbaker wrote:I like QCAD now, but it lacks some "must-have" features for production use.
I understand. I think it is fair to say that this statement depends on your field of production though. QCAD has thousands of users who do indeed use it for production on a daily basis.

txsbaker
Newbie Member

Re:Andrew

Post by txsbaker » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:57 pm

I didn't intend to impugn your software's capabilities, you're right of course that production is a very relative term.

This is all great news, but when will we get the new app?!!!

Yes, I know that it takes time to program and test software, I'm just being impatient.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Suggestions and Feedback”