Erratic pointer display - Solved

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

nutnzez
Registered Member

Erratic pointer display - Solved

Post by nutnzez » Wed May 20, 2009 4:26 pm

Running QCad Professional 2.2.2.0, on Ubuntu Linux 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope.

After upgrading to Ubuntu 9.04, I had problems with the object selection (small crosshair) pointer and the zoom pointer. Either or both were partially displayed, displayed in light gray, or not displayed at all. The symptom would change from file to file and session to session.

At first, I thought removing the version of QCad available in the Ubuntu repositories (which I don't think was installed until I upgraded to 9.04) might solve the problem. It didn't.

Checking in this forum, the post from Justine on 3 March 2009 looked promising. Anrew's response to try resetting QCad as described in FAQ 7, worked for me.

Joe

nutnzez
Registered Member

Erratic pointer display follow-up

Post by nutnzez » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Much to my chagrin, pointer flakiness continued to be a recurring problem, with pointer visibility degrading in proportion to the number of files opened. Constantly deleting ~/.config/RibbonSoft/QCAD.ini worked, but was hardly a satisfactory solution. Not being an Ubuntu guru, I suspect I somehow managed to get Qcad 2.2 installed incorrectly, or it doesn't play nice with Jaunty. In any case, I unistalled 2.2, and installed the package version from the Ubuntu repository. It works correctly (so far), albeit without the improved interface of 2.2.

Joe

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”