Please Critique My Drawing

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD 2.1/2.2.

Moderator: andrew

pestocat

Please Critique My Drawing

Post by pestocat » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:34 pm

It has been a long time since I last signed off on a drawing and that was before CAD. It took me awhile to get used to QCAD and figure out how to use the tools available. But once I got the concept of of it, I was able to put a drawing together fairly fast. Since there was no template in the library for A size paper (letter USA), I first developed a template for my use. I would appreciate it very much if you could review my drawing and see if I'm following good form. Any comments will be much appreciated.

Papy Octet

Post by Papy Octet » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:46 am

Hello pestocat,

Excuse my bad english, I live in Belgium and my mother language is french.

I'll do 2 remarkes on your drawing :
- When you make such a drawing, it will be in 3 views : viewed from front (=elevation), from up side (= plan) and left side (=profile). This is the first rule to make CAO.
- In your profile view (at the bottom of your drawing, you must draw the shape of the holes in dotted line. That is necessary to give a view of the réal forms of your holes.
When we look at your drawing, it is impossble to now if your holes are croosing or not. And in the of they are not crossing, what is the depth of th holes.

This is not a course of draftsmanship, there is a lot of books about that and that is not the subject of this answer.

@+

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 'How Do I' Questions”