?bug and suggestions

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD Professional.

Moderator: andrew

baggiero
Newbie Member

?bug and suggestions

Post by baggiero » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi -
Pro 2.2.2.0 user on Mac and PC (and love the fact that it's cross-platform identical) -
I think the mt (modify text) keyboard command shortcut is broken on both mac and pc versions (haven't checked linux) - as in, it returns "Command 'mt' not found" - a bit annoying when I'm starting to get pretty good at the left-hand keyboard, right-hand mouse combos for QCAD speed!

also a Mac bug with scrolling for zoom - if you mouse-wheel scroll up (or down) the block browser (if docked) until it runs out of scroll room, it starts zooming the document - you need to click on a newly-opened doc before it'll start doing it but from that moment on. - quite annoying...

Length - it would be great to have a "length" parameter for lines that could be seen (and edited) - once they're off horizontal or vertical it's a pain to measure things or work out how (much) to modify them by.

I'll think of some more ..
I do think the convention of right-click for "meta" (of the object clicked-on) is pretty well-established - could it be an option please? (I didn't even realise right-click did the same as Esc)

Hugh

baggiero
Newbie Member

another observation

Post by baggiero » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:26 pm

The internal Export as PDF function produces enormous files compared with printing to a ghostscript pdf-generating printer driver (on windows) -
2Mb vs 20Kb order of magnitude, with zero discernable visible difference in output. I'm guessing you might be using the ghostscript code internally - maybe some option or other that is or isn't selected?

i'm using Bullzip Pdf printer btw.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:44 pm

Please produce different forum topics for different topics, issues or suggestions. This makes it easier to discuss them. Thanks.

baggiero
Newbie Member

Post by baggiero » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:15 am

ok, will do.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Suggestions and Feedback”