QCad Community Version

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in the QCAD Community Edition.

Moderator: andrew

mikeperik

QCad Community Version

Post by mikeperik » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:32 pm

Under the Community version download section the statement,
"Sources are usually released some time after the professional editions" is made.

The commercial version is at 2.1.2.8 and the community version is at 2.0.5.0. Version 2.1 was released about 1 1/2 years ago. At what point is "some time" time? Will there be any more updates to the Community version?

Thanks,
Mike

andrew
Site Admin

Re: QCad Community Version

Post by andrew » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:33 pm

mikeperik wrote:Under the Community version download section the statement,
"Sources are usually released some time after the professional editions" is made.

The commercial version is at 2.1.2.8 and the community version is at 2.0.5.0. Version 2.1 was released about 1 1/2 years ago. At what point is "some time" time? Will there be any more updates to the Community version?
Yes, there will be more open source releases. Relevant for the schedule are the changes, not the time frame. Unfortunately, there have been few updates in the last year for QCad Professional.

mikeperik

Post by mikeperik » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:31 pm

Maybe I didn't ask my question correctly or I'm not understanding your answer.

From the quote under the community version it seems like after a period of time a community release will be done after a "Professional" release has been made. I guess my question should have been why hasn't a 2.1 version of the community release been made? Is it because the 2.1 release has features only available in the Professional version? I just thought the community version would be kept in sync more than it has been. 2.0.5.0 is almost two years old, 2.1 is almost 1 year old.

I'm not complaining, just wondering.

Mike

mikeperik

Post by mikeperik » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:03 pm

Anybody?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri May 04, 2007 9:23 am

No, that is a misunderstanding. Professional releases and Community releases are not synchronized in any way. Note that the development of QCad depends entirely on Professional licenses being sold. Without the Professional version there would not be a community version either.
mikeperik wrote:Maybe I didn't ask my question correctly or I'm not understanding your answer.

From the quote under the community version it seems like after a period of time a community release will be done after a "Professional" release has been made. I guess my question should have been why hasn't a 2.1 version of the community release been made? Is it because the 2.1 release has features only available in the Professional version? I just thought the community version would be kept in sync more than it has been. 2.0.5.0 is almost two years old, 2.1 is almost 1 year old.

I'm not complaining, just wondering.

Mike

dokuro
Newbie Member

Post by dokuro » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:16 pm

we have to increase this community or we will loose it!...

Return to “QCAD Community 'How Do I' Questions”