pre -sale

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

ahamedck
Newbie Member

pre -sale

Post by ahamedck » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:19 am

Sirs,
suppose i am purchasing the qcad professional and can i use it both at office and home.

At office I am using Fedora Core 11 and at home I am using Fedora 9

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:39 am

Yes, as a single user, you can install and use one QCAD license on as many computers and operating systems as required.

ahamedck
Newbie Member

Pre-sale - payment mode pl

Post by ahamedck » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:09 am

Sirs,
I appreciate your quick response,

In india, I am living in a remote village in Kerala State. We do not have the Credit Card facility launched at present in my area. Can you not please make a Internet Bank transfer facility as a new mode of payment please.
You can start a new account exclusively for this purpose and post the details in the site please.

So that your privacy could also be protected. I have tried many a times to verify my bank account and debit card to Paypal but it fails complaining that the verification could not be completed ..........

I hope you understand the case in its right spirit

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:03 am

ahamedck: Please order though our online shop at:
https://www.ribbonsoft.com/store

For the payment method, please choose "Pay by bank transfer or MoneyGram".

Our banking details will be e-mailed to you and also be visible on the formal invoice you can print after your order. When choosing this payment method, you may transfer the amount with MoneyGram, which should be available in most larger cities (see http://www.moneygram.com).

ahamedck
Newbie Member

Pre-sale - payment mode pl

Post by ahamedck » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:41 am

Sirs,
Thank god,
I will try it right now.
by the by what is meant by the Discount Coupen
Is it applicable to me
(for those aspirants from developing countries .

pl. let me know

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:43 am

Discount coupons are codes we hand out to customers only in special situations, for example if a customer purchases a book shortly after only purchasing the software and still wants to profit from the special offer of QCAD + book for EUR 39.

We try to keep QCAD license prices as affordable as possible.

bwallum

Post by bwallum » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:54 am

Hi Andrew

I have now got Qcad to be a usable productive tool for my research work diagrams. I would like to make a contribution and I guess the best way would be to purchase the licenced version which looks like an annual subscription.

I'm running Ubuntu and will be upgrading soon to Natty. If I purchase the pro version and then upgrade will Qcad pro still run OK on Natty?

I contribute to a number of open source projects that I find useful and like this method of supporting the enormous amount of work guys like you do. I also like to use the mainstream distro version as that means most things are kept in sync as the os evolves.

So, if I contribute by buying a pro licence will it remain in sync with os evolution? Alternately, have you considered becoming a Ubuntu commercial partner that would enable you to offer the pro version from within Ubuntu repos?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:19 pm

bwallum wrote:So, if I contribute by buying a pro licence will it remain in sync with os evolution?
We certainly try to support new main stream systems as fast as possible (Ubuntu is one of them).
bwallum wrote:Alternately, have you considered becoming a Ubuntu commercial partner that would enable you to offer the pro version from within Ubuntu repos?
We will indeed consider new means of distribution with the upcoming QCAD 3 release.

bwallum

Post by bwallum » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Great news Andrew, how much is a single licence to include version 3 pro please?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:53 pm

Every licensee who purchased QCAD in 2010 or 2011 will be able to update to QCAD 3 for free, so the normal license fees apply (24 EUR / 34 USD).

bwallum

Post by bwallum » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:10 pm

All done. licence purchased, thank you very much for your help. Kind regards, Bob

bwallum

Post by bwallum » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:19 pm

I downloaded pro, it sits unpacked at the moment in my download folder. I thought it a good idea to remove the free Qcad version first. I tried to do this from the Ubuntu Software Centre and it failed.

Do I need to remove the free version first?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:21 pm

bwallum wrote:Do I need to remove the free version first?
No, the two can generally co-exist.

Return to “Pre-sales Questions”